Project Cost: $60 million
M-59 Improvement Site:
- Phase I: From east of M-53 (Delco Blvd to Hayes):
- Construction is underway through October 2017
- Sidewalk gaps will be filled in as part of the project.
- This project is located within the most significant business corridor in Macomb County
- Roadway Reconstruction (in-kind)
- Signal Modernization
- Drainage Improvements
- ADA Ramp and Sidewalk improvements
- Sign Replacements
- Open to traffic: October 2017
- Phase II: From Hayes to Romeo Plank:
- See improvements in Phase I above
- Construction is anticipated to run from March of 2018 through October 2018
- Open to traffic: October 2018
Construction times: Three lanes of traffic will be open in each direction throughout construction. Reductions to two lanes will occur during non-peak hours. Work will occur day and night with lanes shifted to limit the impact on traffic.
Business Access: Yes, throughout the project.
Pedestrian access: Yes, throughout the project.
For information, contact:
Jim Petronski, P.E., Construction Engineer
O: (586) 201-3867